Peconic Bay Medical Center issued a revised visitor policy for its skilled nursing facility on Friday.
The new policy is as follows:
- Visitation is from 2-5 p.m., seven days a week by appointment.
- Only two visitors at a time will be permitted. Visitation will occur outside, weather permitting.
- No more that 10% of the residents shall have visitors at any one time.
- Total visitation time for all visitors is 30 minutes maximum and no more than twice per week.
- Visitors must undergo symptom, temperature and travel screening upon entering the facility prior to resident access.
- A hospital-issued mask must be worn by visitors at all times.
- Visitors must sign in at the front desk when arriving and sign out at the nursing station when leaving.
- Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult 18 years of age or older.
- Visitors must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival and when leaving.
- Visitors are not permitted to wear personal gloves upon entry into the facility.
- Visitors are not permitted access to hospital pantries and cafeteria-please ask staff for assistance.
- Visitors are not permitted to visit with patients who are COVID-19 positive.
- Visitors are not allowed to use patient bathrooms.
- Visitors must schedule an appointment by calling the unit secretary Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Visitors will be escorted to and from the visitation site, which includes the Courtyard, Palliative Garden and the Tranquility bench.
- All visitors and residents must maintain social distancing except when assisting with wheelchair mobility.
- All visitors must have information documented in an electronic log, first and last name, physical street address, daytime and evening telephone number, date and time of visit, email address and a notation that they cleared screening.