Stony Brook University alumnus Chris Cooper has found a new home in the NFL.
The defensive back signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers this month just ahead of training camp, according to a report.
Cooper, who has spent time with the Indianapolis Colts, Kansas City Chiefs, Cincinnati Bengals, Atlanta Falcons and Denver Broncos, entered the NFL in 2018 as an undrafted free agent.
The 5-foot-10, 202-pounder from Mount Vernon, N.Y. will be playing alongside fellow SBU alum defensive back Augie Contressa. Contressa, from Commack, signed with the Buccs this offseason.
As a Seawolf, Cooper played safety and recorded 127 total tackles and four interceptions in three seasons.
Watch his highlights from 2019-20 season with the Falcons below.
other Seawolves in the NFL
Below is a list of other players who have played for SBU vying for NFL roster spots this season:
- Offensive lineman Timon Parris: Miami Dolphins
- Offensive lineman Tyrone Wheatley Jr.: Chicago Bears
- Tight end Connor Davis: Cleveland Browns
- Defensive lineman Sam Kamara: Chicago Bears
- Defensive back Augie Contressa: Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Defensive back TJ Morrison: Las Vegas Raiders
- Defensive back Gavin Heslop: Seattle Seahawks
Top: Instagram photo of Chris Cooper in a Stony Brook University t-shirt.