The news: Beach Side Sweets, a candy and ice cream shop, celebrated its grand opening in May in Blue Point by Corey Beach.
Background: The sweet shop is operated by Rhonda and Jorge Fernandes of Wading River, and Chris Landrio and Christi Gallagher of Brookhaven.
- It is located at 10 Corey Ave., on the same property as the Blue Point Marina, which is under new ownership as of 2021.
- Beach Side Sweets owners told GLI they were approached by the marina’s new owners, John Sarich and Eric Vohrer, about adding the dessert shop, accessible to the public and the marina’s 132 boat slips.
- There is a small patio at the back of the shop where every patron can enjoy their treats.
“They let us have the opportunity, and we made it our own little candy ice cream world,” said Gallagher.
Menu: Beach Side Sweets boasts an array of candies, chocolates, and ice cream flavors.
- They also offer signature shakes, like the Shark Attack, which is Cookie Monster ice cream with strawberry syrup drizzle, whipped cream, cherry, blue sugar rim, and gummy sharks.
- Beach Side Treats also serves up Ice Cream Nachos, which are a dozen wafer cookies covered with your choice of soft-serve ice cream.
Hours: The sweet shop runs seasonally, from late spring until fall (weather-dependent). During the summer season, Beach Side Sweets operates seven days a week, 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Top: Candy machine from Beach Side Sweets. (GLI Photo/ Starr Fuentes)