Patchogue’s new Sundown Festival is upon us.
Thus the Sundown Festival was born.
The event, which happens along Main Street, kicks off this Thursday at 5 p.m.
Heading down? Here’s what to know before you go:
- The Sundown Fesival is set for July 22, Aug. 5, and Aug. 19. There’s also a rain date of Aug. 26.
- Each festival runs from 5 p.m. to 9:30 p.m., though live music will be cut off at 9 p.m.
- The festival is held along Main Street from West Avenue to Maple Avenue, as well as portions of Ocean Avenue, Havens Avenue, and Railroad Avenue. Street closures will begin around 4 p.m.
- There will be on-sreet dining and live music being played throughout the downtown. The live performances are sponsored by Blue Point Brewery, West Lake Music and Rock Underground.
- Family-friendly fun will include train rides, face painting, balloon art, bouncy houses and more.
- There will be a farmers market, which is sponsored by Long Island Community Hospital.
- 20-plus arts and craft vendors will be stationed along East Main Street, from the Patchogue Theatre to Whiskey Neat. This section is presented by the Patchogue Arts Council.
- Each festival, the Carneige Library will be offering different activities, such as live performances and games.
a word from the chamber
“The Chamber is very excited to get back to again producing street festivals we are famous for,” said David Kennedy, executive director of the Patchogue Chamber of Commerce. “We are extremely grateful to our Young Professional Group for creating the first-ever Sundown Festival that promises to be a great Patchogue celebration for the entire family!”
To learn more about the Sundown Festival, check out the Young Pros Facebook page by clicking here.
Make sure to check back at GreaterPatchogue to see photos from each festival.