Clicky

Lindenhurst star Jeremy Ruckert signs two-year extension with Jets

|

The boyhood dream continues for former Lindenhurst High School standout Jeremy Ruckert.

According to multiple reports, Ruckert has signed a two-year, $10 million contract extension with the New York Jets — the team he grew up rooting for.

Used primarily as the No. 2 tight end behind rookie Mason Taylor, Ruckert has set career highs this season in receptions (20) and receiving yards (163). He has logged 383 offensive snaps and is on the verge of setting a career high in that category as well.

He also scored the first touchdown of his career this season, hauling in a five-yard pass from quarterback Tyrod Taylor against the Buffalo Bills.

“I think he’s improved quite a bit,” Jets head coach Aaron Glenn said of Ruckert earlier this year. “There’s a lot of meat on the bone with that player.”

The former Ohio State pass-catcher was selected by the Jets in the third round of the 2022 NFL Draft and has totaled 55 catches for 427 yards so far in his young career.

Ruckert, a lifelong Jets fan, starred at Lindenhurst High School before heading to Columbus. He was surrounded by family in his hometown when he received “the call” from the Jets in 2022 — a moment captured on video and widely shared on social media.

“It was a long night, but I would’ve waited 50 more rounds to have a feeling like this,” Ruckert told Greater Long Island moments after being drafted. “It was surreal, but it’s not the ending — it’s the beginning of my story.”

With Ruckert and Taylor, the Jets head into 2026 with a promising two-pronged tight end attack.


Top: New York Jets’ Jeremy Ruckert scores a touchdown during the second half of a preseason NFL football game against the Philadelphia Eagles on Friday, Aug. 12, 2022, in Philadelphia. (AP Photo/Matt Rourke)

Our Local Supporters

Cops & Courts