Summer in downtown Sayville kicks into high gear this Thursday, July 29, with the first of three “Live on Main” dining and shopping events.
Main Street will close to vehicular traffic, as the sidewalks and street fill with outside dining opportunities, outdoor bargain hunting, live entertainment and an array of other family fun activities. Presented by the Greater Sayville Chamber of Commerce, the event runs from 5-9 p.m.
“Live on Main” will return later in the summer to Sayville on Thursday, Aug. 19, and Thursday, Aug. 26. Both of those events will also run from 5-9 p.m.
“Come on down and how your support and give a boost to our small businesses,” said Sayville chamber President Eileen Tyznar, who has pushed for the event since early this spring.
Here are some of the other event highlights:
• Tall Mutha Shucka – aka Keenan Boyle – will serve up his famous oysters.
• Entertainment includes an array of live bands, a magician and children’s games.
• South Quarter clothing store will introduce its Loyal to the Soil craft beer.
• Down the Rabbit Hole will conduct wine tastings.
• Fluid Barre will provide demonstrations.
• Petting zoo.
• Kids and adults can try out a nine-hole mini putt golf course (small fee).
“It’s going to be a great time, so everybody come on down and enjoy,” Terrance Saporito, one of South Quarter’s owners, said in a video post on Facebook.
The event is sponsored by Café Joelle, South Bay Arts, TEACH Consulting Services, Inc., and South Quarter.