Clicky

Sayville native Melissa Joan Hart reports she’s ‘doing so much better’ in her bout with COVID-19

|

“Sabrina” is feeling better.

Actress Melissa Joan Hart — a Sayville native who revealed four days ago that she’s suffering from a wicked breakthrough COVID-19 case — was back on social media Sunday to say from bed that her condition had vastly improved.

“I want to let you know I’m doing so much better. I feel like I’m like 75 percent,” the “Sabrina the Teenage Witch” star said in a 55-second video. “It’s been a rough week, but I’m feeling better.”

Hart, who lives with her husband Mark and their three boys in Nashville, has said that she and her family were all vaccinated against COVID-19. She said she’s “pretty sure” that her and her 15-year-old son Mason’s cases are the result of her three children not being required to wear masks at school.

Hart, 45, posted her Sunday evening message on Facebook and Instagram, just as her hometown was beginning to dry out from the deluge of rain brought on by Tropical Storm Henri. Earlier Sunday, she posted a message on Facebook to her hometown friends who were bracing for the worst from what was then-Hurricane Henri: “Stay safe my east coast family and friends.”

She also mentioned in her Sunday evening post that Mason was “feeling better” and that her youngest child Tucker, 8, was positive for COVID-19 but did not have symptoms. Hart’s middle child Brady, 13, is negative so far and the family is still waiting on the results of her husband’s COVID-19 test, she added.

“We’re all staying very isolated and separate, and just wanted to send love to everybody out there,” she said in her video message. “Thanks for checking on us. Thanks for all the chicken soup. I felt the outpouring of love, and just wanted to say thank you.”

On Wednesday, Hart posted a video on Facebook and Instagram announcing her diagnosis.

“I am vaccinated and I got COVID, and it’s bad. It’s weighing in my chest. It’s hard to breath,” she said, before adding, “I’m mad, really mad. Because we tried, and we took precautions and we cut our exposure by a lot … I think as a country, we got Lazy, and I’m really mad that my kids didn’t have to wear masks in school. I’m pretty sure that’s where this came from.”

She concluded by asking her friends and fans to “stay vigilant and stay safe.”

From 1996-2003, Hart played the title role in the hugely popular “Sabrina the Teenage Witch” sitcom for seven seasons.

Above image: Facebook video

Melissa Joan Hart’s Sunday, Aug. 22, update on her health

Actress announces her COVID-19 diagnosis on Aug. 18