Fall festivities are making a long-awaited comeback in downtown Bay Shore.
The Haunted Halloween Family Festival — which organizers described as a “Bay Shore Main Street Spook-tacular” — is set to happen on Saturday, Oct. 22, from 4-8:30 p.m. on Main Street, between Smith Avenue and Shore Lane.
The event is sponsored by the Bay Shore Beautification Society, the Great South Bay YMCA, the Bay Shore Chamber of Commerce/Business Improvement District, the Bay Shore Restaurant Association and Northwell Health.
Several family-friendly activities are planned throughout the day and all ages are welcome to participate.
Below is a breakdown of the evening’s events and scheduled times.
- Activities, Arts & Crafts, Face Painting, and Games
- Runs from 4-6 p.m.
- Hosted by the Great South Bay YMCA.
- Fifth Annual Trunk-or-Treat on Main Street
- Hosted by the Bay Shore Moms and Dads Facebook group.
- Cars set up at 3 p.m. and the event begins at 4 p.m.
- There are 23 participants so far.
- Reserve a spot by joining the Bay Shore Moms and Dads Trunk or Treat Facebook Group.
- Cornhole Competition on Main Street
- Starts at 4 p.m.
- The competition takes place between TJ Finley’s and Coastal.
- Hosted by the Bay Shore Restaurant Association.
- Costume Parade
- Parade starts at 4:30 p.m.
- Participants meet at Shore Lane and Main Street.
- Hosted by the Great South Bay YMCA and Northwell Health.
- The Great Pumpkin Contest
- 5:30-7 p.m.
- Happening across from the Community Garden.
- Hosted by the Multi-Cultural Committee and the Beautification Society.
- Carve or paint a pumpkin at home (no carving or painting on site) and bring it to the contest.
- Prizes will be handed out for the scariest and most unique pumpkins.
- Haunted Garden in the Community Garden
- Takes place 6:30-8:30 p.m.
- Those who walk through the garden can expect to find some spooky characters played by Bay Shore students.
- Not recommended for children under 7.
All children must be accompanied by an adult at this event.
Downtown restaurants are also getting in on the Halloween action with special menus on the night of the event.
In case of bad weather, a rain date is set for Oct. 29. Continue to follow greaterbayshore.com for updates.