The highly-anticipated return of the Babylon Block Party is set for this Thursday.
The popular summer festival series, which happens along Deer Park Avenue in Babylon Village, was canceled last year due to the pandemic.
The first Block Party of this summer was supposed to happen July 8, but Tropical Storm Elsa had other plans.
Now, with low chances of rain, the event is a go from 5-9 p.m. See details of the event series below.
- The Babylon Block Party, sponsored by the Babylon Village Chamber of Commerce, will host four events this summer, all on Thursday evenings.
- Those dates are July 15, July 22, Aug. 5 and Aug. 19, all from 5-9 p.m. There are rain dates set for July 29, Aug. 12, and Aug. 26.
- The event features outdoor dining, live music, vendors, games, and food trucks in the downtown area.
- Deer Park Avenue from Park Avenue to Montauk Highway will be blocked off for the fair. The street closings will begin around 4 p.m. The streets will re-open again around 9:30 p.m.
- Event organizers say the best places to grab parking are the municipal lots by George Street and James Street, as well as the Babylon LIRR train station lot.
- The lots fill up quickly so if you don’t get there early think of carpooling or calling an Uber or Lyft.
- For the first time, mini-golf is coming to the Block Parties this summer.
- A nine-hole course will be located near the Conklin House at 280 Deer Park Avenue.
Make sure to check back at GreaterBabylon as we will cover each Block Party with our traditional photo coverage.