Update: The first Babylon Block Party planned for July 8 was postponed to July 15 due to inclement weather.
original story below
The Babylon Block Party is making its triumphant return to downtown Babylon this summer.
The street festival series, sponsored by the Babylon Village Chamber of Commerce and Babylon Restaurant Association, is a family-fun outing that happens along Deer Park Avenue on select Thursdays in the summer.
Below is everything you need to know.
• The Babylon Block Party will host four events this summer, all on Thursday evenings.
• Those dates are July 8, July 22, Aug. 5 and Aug. 19, all from 5-9 p.m. There are rain dates set for July 15, July 29, Aug. 12, and Aug. 26.
• The event features outdoor dining, live music, vendors, games, and food trucks in the downtown area.
• Deer Park Avenue from Park Avenue to Montauk Highway will be blocked off for the fair. The street closings will begin around 4 p.m. The streets will re-open again around 9:30 p.m.
• Event organizers say the best places to grab parking are the municipal lots by George Street and James Street, as well as the Babylon LIRR train station lot.
• The lots fill up quickly so if you don’t get there early think of carpooling or calling an Uber or Lyft.
- For the first time, mini-golf is coming to the Block Parties this summer.
- A nine-hole course will be located near the Conklin House at 280 Deer Park Avenue.
Make sure to check back at GreaterBabylon as we will cover each Block Party with our traditional photo coverage.
Top: Scene from a 2019 Babylon Block Party (file photo).