The Clare Rose Playhouse at St. Joseph’s College returns this year with an impressive lineup of three theater performances.
After closing to the public in March 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the theater at 155 Roe Blvd. in Patchogue (on the SJC Long Island campus) reopened Nov. 5 with the show “The Wild Women of Winedale.”
Actors and audiences return to the stage Feb. 25 for the next performance of “Moving Mountains.”
All shows going forward are on Fridays and Saturdays at 8 p.m. Sunday shows are at 3 p.m.
Show goers must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination before entering the venue and masks must be worn inside the theater.
Here is a list of show descriptions provided by the venue’s website, along with dates and ticket prices:
- Moving Mountains by Lawrence Roman
- Charlie is a widower-turned Casanova who spends his days entertaining ladies on a beach in Southern California. Charlie offers his companionship and insights to “mature women” until he meets Polly, a recent widow who doesn’t make things easy for him. Humor is added by Charlie’s daughter who is shocked to hear about his romantic gallivanting.
- The 8 p.m. shows are Feb. 25 and 26 and March 4, 5, 11, and 12.
- The 3 p.m. shows are Feb. 27 and March 6 and 13.
- A Bench in the Sun by Ron Clark
- Longtime friends and polar opposites Harold and Burt live in a retirement home. A once famous actress has just moved in, giving them something new to argue about. When the three learn the home is about to be sold, they join forces to prevent this. Part “Grumpy Old Men,” part “The Odd Couple,” the script is rich with one-liners and tender moments.
- 8 p.m. showings are April 22, 23, 29 and 30 and May 6.
- 3 p.m. showings are April 24 and May 1 and 8.
- General Admission: $18
- Students and seniors (age 65 and over): $15
- Groups of 20 or more: $13 per person
- Dinner & Show (In conjunction with Harbor Crab restaurant)
- General Admission: $48
- Students and seniors: $45
- Fridays and Saturdays dinner at 5 p.m. before 8 p.m. show
- Sunday shows are at 3 p.m. and dinner follows at 6 p.m.
- More information can be found by clicking here.
For more information, visit the Clare Rose Playhouse webpage here or call 631.654.0199.
Top: Exterior of Clare Rose Playhouse. Photo courtesy of the venue’s website.