Fourth of July weekend is finally here and it is time to kick off Summer 2022.
If you’re still looking for Independence Day plans, we got you covered.
Here’s the full GLI guide to Fourth of July weekend and more.
- Amityville is hosting its Independance Day Parade on July 4 at 10 a.m.
- Marchers will line up at 9 a.m. and will step off from MacDonald Ave. and S. Bayview/Grand Central Ave.
- The parade route proceeds northbound on South Bayview Avenue over Merrick Road, then north on Bayview, west on Avon Place and paraders head North on Broadway, turn left on Oak Street, and end at the Main Firehouse.
- For information on the parade’s route, visit the town’s website.
- East Islip Fire Department Hook and Ladder is hosting a three-day carnival and craft fair from June 30 to July 3 at the Brookwood Hall in East Islip.
- There will be a free fireworks show on July 2 at 9:30 p.m. and music by Division Street from 5-9 p.m.
- Bring a lawn chair or blanket for the fireworks show.
- Amvets Post 18 is running a craft fair on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The Long Island Ducks will have a post-game fireworks show on July 1, 2 and 3.
- The three-game series is against York Revolution and first pitch is at 6:35 p.m. each night.
- The Fairfield Properties Ballpark is located at 3 Court House Drive in Central Islip.
- The Tanger Outlets in Deer Park are hosting a weekend-long Fourth of July Block Party and Food Festival from July 2 to July 3, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Free activities will be face painting, balloon animals, stilt walkers, photo activations, and giant games.
- For more information, visit their website.
- The Annual Rockville Centre Fireworks Celebration and Concert returns this summer on July 9 from 7:30-10:30 p.m. at the Pette and Barasch Fields.
- The fireworks will be shot off at Lister Field, so there will be no parking there.
- The South Shore Symphony performs at 7:45 p.m. and will play before, during and after the fireworks show.
- Viewing is not allowed on Lister or Tighe field.
- In case of rain, there is an alternate date set for July 10.
- July 4 at 11 a.m. is Ocean Beach’s annual July Fourth Children’s Parade and Celebration.
- Kids and their wagon floats line up at 10:30 a.m. and they will parade from the firehouse to the Village Green.
- Following the parade, there will be a cookout at 1 p.m. and kids’ games at 3 p.m. at the Ball Field on Midway and Surf Road.
- The Invasion of Pines on Fire Island is on July 4 in Cherry Grove and the Pines.
- Festivities kick off at 1 p.m.
- All-day entertainment includes performances from Issa & Odessa Dragon, an award-winning multidisciplinary performance duo based in Brooklyn, and Adam Sarette, an LGBTQ+ singer/songwriter and multi-hyphenate artist based in NYC.
- For more information, click here for the Fire Island Pines Property Owners Association statement.
- The annual Patchogue Lions Club Fourth of July Parade is at 10:30 a.m. on Independence Day.
- Marchers will proceed down Main Street.
- The annual Fireworks Spectacular show at The Waterview is set for July 3 from 7-9 p.m. at 44 Fairway Drive in Port Jefferson.
- This event is open to the public.
- Those who attend can celebrate with a dinner buffet and live music. Visit InstantSeats.com for reservations.
- The Village of Port Jefferson will hold its fireworks display on July 3 for residents only.
- Optimal firework viewing is at the East and West Beaches.
- Residents must show an ID.
- The 4th annual Port Jefferson Fire Department Parade is on July 4 at 10 a.m.
- The parade runs down Main Street and takes a left at Port Jefferson Harbor towards Village Hall.
- Artists on the Lane presented by the South Bay Art Association is July 4 at 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- It is one of the oldest summer street festival traditions in Bellport and is celebrating its 63rd year this year.
- A rain date is set for July 10.
- The Free World Class Fireworks by Grucci on July 4 at the Bald Hill Ampitheater.
- The free family event features live music from Solid 70’s and The Chiclettes.
- There will be a food court and beverages.
- Doors open at 5 p.m. and the concert begins at 5:30 p.m.
- The fireworks start at 9:15 p.m.
- For more information, visit the venue’s website.
- A Celebration of Hometown Heroes will take place on July 4 at 11 a.m. outside of the Veterans of Foreign Waters at 109 King Road in Rocky Point.
- This year’s parade honors MOMM3 William “Buddy” McCarrick.
- There will be a live reading of the Declaration of Independence.
- For more information visit the Rocky Point Sound Beach Chamber of Commerce website.
- The Old Bethpage Restoration is hosting a two-day 1862 Independence Day Celebration on July 2 and 3 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on both days.
- Visit their website for more information.
- The Jovia Financial Credit Union Fireworks Spectacular at Jones Beach will be a 25-minute dazzling display on July 4 at 9:30 p.m.
- This year, WALK 97.5 FM and KJOY-98.3 FM will simulcast music during the fireworks presentation.
- The fireworks are included in the regular price of park admission, which is $10 per vehicle.
- Long Beach’s Firework Extravaganza is at 9:10 p.m. on July 8.
- The show is viewable from anywhere on the boardwalk.
Top: File image of Patchogue’s Fourth of July parade.